Thursday, March 04, 2010

This, not That

So much of our everyday thinking centers upon the things we need to do each day. As an experiment, I have been intentionally thinking about how I want to be as I move through my day. Especially in the face of encounters that make me nervous or fearful, this week I am trying to adopt the following list of qualities as a series of “better choices.”

When I am at my best I choose to be. . .

· Connected, not isolated

· Visionary, not limiting possibilities

· Thriving, not withering

· Articulate, not mumbling

· Decisive, not waffling

· Focused, not distracted

· Present to reality, not in denial

· Indomitable, not succumbing

· Energized, not weary

· Poised, not wobbly

This list was generated as a set of responses to Map #3 in Michael Bungay Stanier’s new book, Do More Great Work. While the formula is not magical producing instantaneous results, I have found myself manfesting more of my desired qualities as I have made a conscious effort to think about it.

Posted via web from pkpiano's posterous

No comments: