Monday, February 08, 2010

Sometimes When it Rains, it Pours

Over the past few days I have had a series of minor mishaps, unexpected changes of circumstances, or other petty annoyances show up in my life. Actually, these have been appearing with an alarming frequency, at a rate of 1-2 per day. In fairness I must qualify these comments by saying that no serious tragedy has befallen me and I have suffered no serious injury during this series of unfortunate events. No laboratory animals or small children were harmed in any of these experiences. The problems that showed up were merely irritating setbacks to my creative output, my income and the smooth operation of my blissful daily routines. The most alarming effect of all of this is that it is 12:26 p.m. on a Monday and I have yet to touch the piano or do anything else musical today. Instead I have spent my day simply "handling stuff." Nothing big or traumatic, just necessary stuff that needed to be processed. So with a head that is filled with distractingly noisy voices and an energy level that is less than optimum, I am going to fight against the urge to go back to bed. Instead, I am going to walk over to the piano and make some music.In the face of all that would oppose me today, I am going to practice. My intention is simple, that by the end of the day I will be able to play something just a little better tomorrow than I did yesterday. This, my friends, is the best revenge I know. 

Posted via email from pkpiano's posterous

No comments: