Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Power of Bad Dancing

Further proof that a simple idea executed with creativity and joy can do powerful things. . .
click here to watch this video! I have no idea what it really means but it is fun to watch. For me, the work seems to make a universal populist connection in the manner of the Coca Cola "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" variety. And I am an absolute sucker for the whole thing. Frankly, I needed a teary-eyed-happy-good feel moment to start my day this morning. So quit your job, find some music that you think needs broader exposure and then travel the world with a video camera. Sign me up!

I found this when Lawrence Mortenson posted the link to this video on Twitter a short while ago. Incidentally, Vimeo claims that the file has been viewed 1.2 million times as of this writing. There is a Wikipedia entry about Matt Harding and his video projects here.

2 comments:

Lawrence said...

Thanks for getting this out there more, Paul.

Misted me up too, and I couldn't figure out why!

Great to make your connection.

Lawrence

Mommer said...

This was delightful! I agree with the previous commenter -- I have no idea why I got slightly teary-eyed, but it seems to have that effect.

Very glad I found your blog!

Brenda
(88Keys off of Twitter)