Thursday, January 28, 2010

Buy Fabio Parrini’s Music

Today I am continuing my series of plugs to promote the recordings of my pianist friends who distribute their music through CD Baby. Remember that if you order before February 6, a portion of the purchase price of these recordings will be donated to support earthquake disaster relief in Haiti.

Fabio Parrini has been a friend of mine for more than a dozen years or so. As a musician he is a consummate artist with an amazing capacity for both technical detail and interpretive nuance. Every time I hear him or listen to his recordings, I learn something new, about either the music he performs or how it really should be played. I especially recommend his most recent recording of the Schumann Fantasie Op. 17, which captures an absolutely visionary performance.

For the next two weeks you can order both of Fabio’s solo piano recordings CD Baby and a portion of the purchase price will be donated to the Haiti earthquake relief effort. To go to Fabio’s artist page on the CD Baby web site click here.

For more information CD Baby' s Haiti relief program click here.

Posted via web from pkpiano's posterous

No comments: